Warm salad of raspberry- flavoured chicken livers
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
1lb (450 g) chicken livers from Poulet D’Amours et Fils
2 shallots, chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) unsalted butter
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tbsp (60 ml) Gingras raspberry cider vinegar
4 tbsp (60 ml) nut oil
1 tsp (5 ml) honey
2 green onions, minced
1 can (398 ml) palm hearts, sliced
4 cups (125 g) arugula
2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh chives, chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) nut oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) Gingras raspberry cider vinegar
1 cup (500 g) fresh raspberries
¼ cup (40 g) sunflower seeds
To taste salt, fleur de sel and ground pepper
1. Use a knife to remove the white veining on the chicken livers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a pan on high. Heat the oil and butter until they bubble. Brown the liver and shallots about 4 minutes, until the liver is rosy in the centre.
3. Add the garlic and deglaze with the vinegar.
4. Turn off heat, add nut oil and honey. Stir.
5. In a bowl, toss together the green onions, palm hearts, chives, oil and vinegar. Season.
6. Place some salad in each plate and garnish with chicken livers and cooking juice.
7. Top with fresh raspberries and sunflower seeds.
8. Finish with a pinch of fleur de sel and some freshly ground pepper.