Thai corn fritters
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
2 ½ cups (375 g) corn (4 to 5 cobs, depending on size)
½ cup (75 g) chickpea flour
1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
½ tsp (2.5 ml) green curry paste
5 tbsp (75 ml) coconut milk
1 cup (30 g) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1 small potato, boiled and diced
2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh coriander, chopped
2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh chives, chopped
zest of one lime
4 cups (125 g) baby spinach
2 cups (225 g) bean sprouts
½ cup (75 g) cashews, coarsely chopped
3 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) Asian soy sauce, Kikkoman type
1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh chives, chopped
juice of one lime
1. In a pot, cook corn in boiling water for 10 minutes. Use a knife to cut off kernels.
2. In a food processor, mix half the corn, the chickpea flour, baking powder, egg, curry paste and coconut milk until a smooth puree is obtained. Pour into a bowl.
3. Add the rest of the corn and other ingredients to the puree. Mix well.
4. In a pan, heat 1 cm of frying oil on medium-high. When oil is hot, add a tablespoon of the mixture and fry 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
5. In a large bowl, toss all the salad and dressing ingredients. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve salad with corn fritters sprinkled with lime juice.