Maple ice cream
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 ¾ cups (435 ml) maple syrup
2 cups (500 ml) cream, 35%
½ pod fresh vanilla
3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter
1. Heat 1 cup of syrup, the cream and vanilla 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture is steaming. Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator.
2. Boil remaining ¾ cup of syrup and reduce by one third. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
3. Add butter and mix. Let cool.
4. Place the first mixture in an ice cream maker for 25 minutes.
5. Add the second mixture to the ice cream maker and churn for 2 minutes to obtain maple swirls.
6. Place ice cream in an airtight container and let stand in freezer for at least 2 hours.