Ground cherry and caramel panna cotta
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 cups (300 g) ground cherries
1 tbsp (15 ml) rosé ice cider
1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
1 cup (250 ml) cream, 35%
1 vanilla bean, cut in two
3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water
2 tsp (10 ml) gelatin powder
1 cup (225 g) Greek plain yogurt
1 jar (110 ml) ground cherry and ice cider jam from Petits Péchés du Mont Yamaska / Nathy.D.
1 jar (212 ml) apple caramel from Jardins d’Émilie
1. In a pot, mix the ground cherries, ice cider and honey. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes to obtain a sauce with pieces of fruit. Spoon into 6 dessert glasses or cups.
2. In a pot, bring to a boil cream, vanilla and sugar. Stir often.
3. In a bowl, dissolve the gelatin in water. Add this mixture to the cream and turn off heat.
4. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the pieces of vanilla bean. Whisk the mixture and pour over yogurt. Mix again.
5. Pour the mixture over the ground cherry sauce already in the dessert glasses or cups. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
6. To serve, add a spoonful of ground cherry jam to each panna cotta. Then, add a spoonful or more of caramel, according to personal taste.