Crisp Provence-style Cornish hen
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
2 Cornish hens from Poulet d’Amours et Fils
1 tbsp (15 ml) wholegrain mustard
3 garlic cloves
1 small yellow onion
2 tsp (10 ml) Bas-du-Fleuve salted herbs
2 tsp (10 ml) Provence herbs
1 tsp (5 ml) honey
2 tbsp (30 ml) still cider
½ cup (125 ml) still cider
fleur de sel and ground pepper
¾ cup (135 g) quinoa
3 tbsp (45 ml) nut oil
2 tbsp (30 ml) grilled hazelnuts, chopped
2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh chives, chopped
To taste ground salt and pepper
1. Flatten the chickens (use scissors to cut the chickens in two from the back, lay flat breast up in a baking dish).
2. In a food processor, mix together all ingredients, except the cider, until a paste is obtained.
3. Spread the paste on the chickens, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
4. Remove from refrigerator, pour cider in dish and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook the quinoa like pasta, about 15 minutes, or until the spiral spouts appear.
2. Drain in a fine sieve and return to the cooking pot, heat off.
3. Add oil, hazelnuts and chives. Season to taste and keep hot until time to serve.