Bacon-stuffed new potatoes
Servings: 2 dozen
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
12 new potatoes from Ferme Michel Auger
1 cup (150 g) bacon from Ferme Miboulay, diced
1 shallot, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp (10 ml) whole-grain mustard
2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
To taste salt and pepper
½ cup (75 g) your choice of local cheese
To taste smoked sweet paprika
1. In a pot, cover whole new potatoes with cold water; add salt and heat to boil. Cook and remove from heat when three-quarter cooked (from 10 to 15 minutes).
2. Cut potatoes in two. Scoop out flesh with a small melon baller. Set aside potato “cups” and chop flesh with a knife. Set aside.
3. In a pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat. When almost cooked, lower heat to medium and add shallot. Cook 1 to 2 minutes while stirring.
4. Remove from heat and add garlic, potato flesh, mustard, salt and pepper (add salt with care because the bacon is already salty).
5. Place the potato “cups” on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add salt and pepper.
6. Spoon potato mixture into the “cups”, sprinkle with cheese and garnish with paprika.
7. Bake in oven at 350°F for 15 minutes.